Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Final Patterns

Pattern designing was fun to do as a project. It was first time using Illustrator to design pattern. I enjoyed myself designing patterns. At the same time, it was really hard to figure out what and how i want to do to design patterns. Although, it was great to have time to see what and how my classmate design patterns.

1. Final Pattern




My first pattern is this. I used a letter V for this. For this design, I tried to use negative space, spaces figures, and figure ground. Especially, I wanted to use the negative space nicer and a little bit complicated. I wanted to make a rhythm in my pattern so, there are thinner lines and thicker lines.

2. Final Pattern



I used V for this pattern. I know this is pretty simple and easier to recognized that this is V, but I still like this pattern a lot, so I decided to post this pattern. These are made by same font, but different sizes, but I think it is balanced.

3. Final Pattern



This is designed by a letter O. First, when I was imaging this is like flowers.But, many classmates told me that this looks like a symbol of Olympic, since then it looks like a Olympic one. I tried not to pile Os together because I thought it would be boring if I piled Os together. By making some space between Os, this has more interests, like you might be able to see another small flower that has four petal inside of flowers. I like this pattern.

4. Final Pattern



This is a letter
V and I use this letter with Vivaldi Italic. On flicker, I got a lot of good advices from my classmate, so I was trying to improve my first project, and this is the result. I wanted to make use of the form of the circle in a negative space. I tried to make this design look like there are more circles in bigger circles. Moreover, as some of my classmates told me, the first design make people's eyes busy and confuse because the design was to small. So, I make Vs bigger than the first one.

5. Final Pattern



For this pattern, I used K. Using two Ks putting together I tried to make a diamond using negative space. Moreover, by putting two round part together, the negative space can show you sharper diamond, too. I thought it is interesting to be able to show you the repetition of circle and diamond through positive and negative spaces.

6. Final Pattern



For this pattern, I used &.
For this one, I wanted to use a bold letter.
I also wanted to be this pattern flowing this time.
It came out like a throwing knife or knife in the mixer.

7. Final Pattern


This time, I tried using colors with a letter V.
For this, I aimed to design a pattern using color define.
I used green and yellow for this one because the back ground is white, so i wanted to use one with lighter color and the other color with darker but similar and much with other colors. Moreover, I wanted to make this de
sign fluffy and looks like a chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment