Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Postcard



This is my final postcard.
This project was really fun, although it was hard because I'm not use to use illustrator.
I designed a door for the front side and fangs for the back side because I wanted to give an imagination of when you open the door (which is the front side), Fangs are waiting for you (which is the back side of the card). I thought this idea is similar to Mcfetridge's idea. Some of his design with doors continues with the front of a door or the back of the door. Also, I tried to use two colors, red and white, because this is also Mcfetridge's style. He usually use two colors and use negative space.






This is another postcard that I made.
I also use his idea of using two colors and negative space.
I put a whale for contrast because this is more balanced between the front and back side of a card. Moreover, to make this card more balanced, a front side is light blue for the background and white for the background on back side. I chose to use these letters because most of font that Mcfetridge use are very simple font. This is why I chose to use these letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment